Skip to main content Skip to footer

Pediatric Health Library

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Health Library Explorer
A-Z Listings Contact Us
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Click a letter to see a list of conditions beginning with that letter.
Click 'Topic Index' to return to the index for the current topic.
Click 'Library Index' to return to the listing of all topics.

Health Tip: Paint Exposure First Aid

(HealthDay News) -- From acrylic to oil-based, most paints for indoor use are safe to use. But paint users should be aware of first aid for paint exposure, says the National Capital Poison Center.

Poison Control suggests:

  • Wash paint from the skin with soap and water.

  • If paint gets into the eyes, rinse with running water for 15-20 minutes.

  • If someone swallows paint, give a small amount of water or milk to drink.Then contact poison control.

  • Watch for nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.

  • If someone inhales paint fumes and feels sick, immediately get fresh air. Call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.

Copyright ©2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.